LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mission Accomplished

Yesterday I had a busy day and evening so I didn't get a chance to blog or fun fact like I wanted to. I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon so my mom came to watch Em for me. Evan was in school and Em actually slept most of the time so my mom just had to hold down the fort. I was able to run some errands kid free before and after the doctor, thanks to my mom so that was nice. I just can't tell you enough, how much faster it is without hauling one or two kids into stores. Of course, you probably know that if you're a mom and ever run errands without kids. Then before my mom left we all went to Champps for dinner (one of my favorite restaurants). They have half off burgers on Monday and half off appetizers everyday until 7pm so a great deal for dinner. Thanks mom for dinner.

Then last night I got busy on the computer. You would think since I was on the computer I'd be able to blog, but I was busy with other things. The City of East Lansing is holding a photo contest for their 2010 calendar and the deadline is today at 5pm. This is something the city offers each year to anyone who is interested in entering. The picture just has to have been taken in the E. Lansing community. Earlier in the summer I decided that I was going to submit some photos this year and see if I get lucky and one gets picked for the calendar. So of course me being the procrastinator that I am, I've had ample time to get my photos submitted, decided to wait until last night to do it. So it took me a good chunk of the evening to search through my photos and get them submitted. So now I have to sit back and wait to see if one gets selected! I'll keep you posted when I find out. Keep your fingers crossed!

So that's my excuse for no blog yesterday. Then last night I realized, that I've sort of left you faithful readers hanging with news about my lamps. Back in July I told you that I had been on a lamp mission for about three months. Then at the beginning of August I told you I had found a lamp on sale at Meijer. I liked the lamp, but I didn't love it. Plus I couldn't find a shade to go with it. Fast forward a couple weeks later, and I found some lamp shades at HomeGoods when shopping with my friend Ann. (Actually she spotted them for me.) When I brought them home though, I wasn't sure if I liked the shades with the lamp that I got from Meijer. After looking at the shade and lamp for a couple weeks, both Greg and I decided that they didn't really fit well together. I knew we were headed to the Outlet Mall and HomeGoods Labor Day weekend so I figured I better either find some lamps by then or I needed to take the shades back to HomeGoods when we went. Well, on one of my many trips to Meijer in the past couple weeks, I found a different lamp! It wasn't on sale, but I thought I'd pick one up to try. Greg and I both agreed we liked lamp #2 better than lamp #1. It's a lot more sturdy and also looks better with the shades I got at HomeGoods, bonus! So after another trip to Meijer to return the first lamp, I purchased a second matching lamp to lamp #2. So now readers, we're in business. Let there be light in the living room now because after five months of my lamp mission, it's mission accomplished!

To refresh your memory... here's what the old lamps looked like.

Here's what the new lamps look like!
What do you think? I like them and am happy with my purchase. You know how you have something for so long and then after you get something new you think, "Gosh, those were ugly. How did I live with those for so long?" Well, that's how I feel with the lamps. I used to really like the old lamps, but now looking at them, I think they look old and outdated. After all, they were eight years old! The first lamp I found also had the spiral design too, and I think we're just over that design and that's why we didn't like them so much. These are much more our style! It's nice to have some new lamps finally, and I'm sure in eight years when I'm ready for new lamps again, I'll think these lamps are ugly. But for now, I really like them and am happy with my find!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo - I LOVE the new lamp. The shade looks really, really good on that base. It's a great look. Well done, Lisa, well done!

    ReplyDelete