LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ready For The Weekend

After sitting outside at the garage sale for two days, I'm ready for the weekend! Looks like I lucked out with the weather for the sale and had two beautiful days! Yesterday ended up not being that great of a day for the sale and it was pretty much dead until 11am. Then it picked up in spurts again. I did get rid of a lot more of Evan's clothes so that part was good. Now it's time to pack up the stuff and get the garage back to normal. I'm done with garage sales for the year and ready to have this stuff out of my garage! I'm thinking September isn't the best month for garage sales. Thanks, to my mom for coming to help with the sale and kids. They enjoyed spending some time with Grandma. Thanks for dinner at Champps and ice cream at the Dairy Store too! Yum-o!

I closed up shop yesterday early because it was slow, and came inside to tend to some house things since I hadn't done anything inside for two days. Then about 3:30pm I decided I was going to whip up some homemade cupcakes for my friend Dawn's birthday. Dawn is Em's friend Maddie's mom. Friday was her birthday, and her husband Dave does a MSU football show so he was off to Wisconsin for the game. I thought, "what a bummer to be alone on your birthday" so I told her I'd come down for a drink last night after she was done working. I decided to bring along the cupcakes as a little surprise! I even put pink frosting on them since Dawn loves the color pink! I told our friend Jessica to come over too, and then our friend Ahna ended up being there as well. It was nice to just have some girl time and relax. And a Mike's Hard Lemonade doesn't hurt to go along with it! Hope you had a nice birthday Dawn! Happy Birthday!

Today brings the game, and I think the boys are headed out camping this afternoon (they were supposed to go last night, but ended up staying home) so looks like it will be just Emme and me! What should we do??? Tomorrow we're headed to the cider mill for Em's playdate/outing, weather permitting. I'll be sure to let you know all about it. Em is very excited to hang with her friends (and get some cider and donuts)! Other than that, looks like a good weekend to finally chill and relax! Enjoy this last weekend of September readers because October is fast approaching next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment