LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Open House & Ellen

Today all the kids went back to school. The wheels on the bus went round and round, and it was time to start a new school year. My niece Kaitlyn started 8th grade today! Holy cow, where do these years go? How is it possible that she's in 8th grade already! I'm suddenly feeling old! While my little Evan didn't start school today, it's hard to believe that next year at this time he will be starting kindergarten! I can't even imagine that right now! Tomorrow is Evan's first "official" day of preschool, but today there was an open house at his school so he still got to go to school today like other kids. It was just for a shorter time. The open house was a chance for the kids to go in and check out the classroom, meet the student teachers, meet classmates, and get a feel for what the class is going to be like.

All four of us went, and let me tell you my dear readers... Emmaline couldn't get into that school fast enough! I think she was more excited than Evan. She was running right to the door when we got out of the car. I had to stop her though so I could get a pic of Evan and his little sister outside the building. Aren't they cute?

They both look like they're ready to start school, don't they? Since it is Evan going to school though, I thought I'd better get one of just him. Here's Evan ready to go into the open house!

I'll get the "official" first day of school pics tomorrow, but I thought I'd snap a couple today as well. We stayed for about an hour and Evan got to try out all different activities that were set up- K-nex, the kitchen, dress up, bone station, books, and much more. Emmaline was not the least bit timid and took off to explore the classroom the minute we walked in. She was going to town with the unifix cubes, the books, and she got a hold of the markers at the coloring station and ended up with blue hands. She was definitely having a good time and enjoying every minute. She's definitely ready for preschool way before we're ready to send her! Unfortunately I didn't get around to taking pictures in the classroom. I'm mad at myself that I didn't! I was busy between the classroom and trying to train a mom to do the library cart so that's why I forgot. I'm sure I'll get some pictures during the year though! Evan met some of his new classmates, and one of the boys, Henry, in his class lives in our neighborhood we found out. Guess what readers? Remember when my wonderful husband was rolling through the neighborhood last night and one of the neighbors came out of her house to see what he and Rich were doing? Well, that lady just so happens to be Henry's mom! Can you believe it? Crazy. Actually Henry and his mom Stephanie were at the block party on Sunday and I met her briefly then for the first time. So we're looking forward to having someone from the neighborhood in Evan's class! It was nice we could all go to the open house and meet the kids and teachers. I'll fill you in on the first day of school tomorrow for sure!

Now that school is back in session and it's September, that means new shows are starting and old shows that were on hiatus for the summer are back. Do you know what this means folks? It means my favorite talk show host, Ellen, was back today with the premier of season 7! I've told you before how much I love the Ellen DeGeneres show! It was so good to get some good laughs today and see Ellen back at her dancing. Today's show kicked off with one of her best dances yet! She performed with some people from So You Think You Can Dance! It was totally awesome! Loved it, loved it, loved it! If you haven't seen it check it out Ellen's Season 7 Premier Dance. I can't wait to see what else Ellen has in store for this season!

Before I leave you tonight, I've got another Little People picture to share with you from this morning. Emmaline decided this time to line some of them up in the window sill. Then she stood there talking to them. If I had to take a guess, it looked like she was in school with the kids and she was being the teacher. Here she is once again with the Little People!


In case you haven't noticed all you Spartan readers... I've added a new item to the blog. It's under the "Fun Facts." It's the "MSU Football Schedule & Scores." I will update it each week after the games, hopefully with "W's" for all those Spartan wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment