LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Parent Orientation

What a gorgeous day it was today! I'm loving this warmer weather and NO RAIN! It could be a little warmer for me, but I'll take this weather any day compared to the crappy week we had last week! It looks to be a beautiful Labor Day weekend ahead. Greg has Friday and Monday off so I'm looking forward to that! We've got our neighborhood block party this weekend that a few of us have been planning. I seem to have taken on a chunk of the organizing so I've been busy back and forth with people and trying to get the final details figured out. We had to get permission from the city of E.L. to block off the street and that was approved yesterday at the city council meeting so that's a good thing. Should be lots of fun!

Now that it's September (Can you believe it? Where did summer go? Oh wait it never arrived!) that means it's school time. Evan officially starts next Wednesday, but tonight we had to go to school for Parent Orientation. We went last year so I wasn't sure if we really needed to go, but we wanted to meet the student teachers that would be in Evan's room so we went. Plus, since I'm the library coordinator I needed to meet with some of the mom's who are going to help out with the library cart. Well, we ended up accomplishing 50% of our agenda. The student teachers weren't there tonight, but I did meet with one of the mom's and ran her through the library cart routine. We got to meet some of the other parents though so that was nice, as well as visit with Evan's teacher.

Next week the school has an Open House on Tuesday for parents and kids to attend. I'm looking forward to attending that, and Evan being able to meet some of his new classmates & student teachers! Sounds like a wonderful school year is planned and I look forward to what is to come! I've acquired a pretty massive headache tonight so I'm going to have to call it a night and try to get some rest. I'm hoping and praying this headache is gone by morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment