LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, October 2, 2009

Emmaline Makes Her Own Sandwich

Today before it was lunch time I had to hide the chicken nuggets in the freezer. I was one step ahead for a change. The reason being everyday when I ask Em if she's ready for lunch she runs to the freezer, grabs the chicken nuggets, sets them on the counter, and says, "Me, me do" while she points to the microwave. Meaning she wants to put them on the plate and in the microwave herself. So I let her help me sometimes when she gets to have chicken nuggets. Today though I decided that she's had chicken nuggets the past two days for lunch so she needed to have something else. So I hid the nuggets behind a bunch of stuff in the freezer. When it was lunch time she runs to the freezer, and I tell her the nuggies (as she calls them) are all gone. I said we're going to have a chicken sandwich for lunch. She says, "no." She's looking in the freezer saying, "nuggies" and I keep telling her they're all gone. We have a refrigerator/freezer that has the freezer on the bottom with the pull out drawer. So guess what she does? She starts moving things in the freezer, pulling out bags of veggies, and moving stuff around. That little stinker. Thank goodness I put them in the top little basket she never looks in. So after looking for a minute and getting a little mad she says to me, "All gone?" So I told her yes, and she's telling me, "No." (She must have remembered putting the bag back in the freezer yesterday.) So instead of having a crabby kid over chicken nuggets I said, "Does Emme want to make her own chicken sandwich?" Suddenly she was excited about a chicken sandwich for lunch and forgot about the nuggies. She had to get everything out of the fridge herself and the bread out of the drawer herself. Then I set her up on the counter so she could make her sandwich.

Here she is putting the cheese on the bread. I love how she had
to put tiny pieces instead of the whole slice on at once!


Here she is sneaking a bite of the cheese. She thought this was funny that she was eating the cheese instead of putting it on her sandwich.

Now time to add the chicken.

The final product was yummy! She ended up eating the whole thing, bread and all which she usually takes off and just eats the meat and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Miss independent, wanting to do everything and anything by herself. Plus @ those terrible two's where throw a fit if not. Oh she probably ate her whole sandwich because she made it better than mom. LOL!!!! Have to have Em come see Aunt Jen and make me lunch.

    ReplyDelete