LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Almost Halloween!

Can you believe it's already October 28th, and in a few short days it will be Halloween and then quickly it turns to November? Where do these months go? It seems like I was just talking about how it was September 1st, and here it is the end of October? The kids are excited about Halloween and Em is learning that she has to say trick-or-treat if she wants candy, and thank you after she gets it. So we'll see how she does come trick-or-treat time. Our Halloween will start a little early. Tomorrow E. Lansing has the Great Pumpkin Walk which is trick-or-treat at the downtown businesses. Then the sorority/fraternities also have Safe Halloween where kids can get candy and there are different Halloween activities going on. It's nice to be able to get a little use out of the costumes instead of just one night.

This year Evan is going to be a S.W.A.T. policeman. He's very excited about this costume. He picked it out all by himself. After we got it he wanted to wear it around the house all the time, and I eventually had to pack it away so it wouldn't get ruined before Halloween. Em is going as my little 50's girl. I really didn't know what she was going to be this year, (or Evan for that matter) and then I ran across this outfit for Em at HomeGoods Labor Day weekend. I tried it on her at the store and absolutely fell in love with how cute the poodle skirt looked on her. I was a little weary about buying it though because I wasn't sure if it was going to fit her by Halloween. Of course there was only one and since HomeGoods isn't around us, I had to make a decision that day. I went ahead and got it and thought I'd risk it. I'd squeeze her in it one way or another! I tried it on her the other day to see how it fit now, and we're in good shape because it fits her just fine! Yeah!

I thought it would be fun to post pictures from past years of the kids in their Halloween costumes.

2005- Evan' first Halloween. He was a pumpkin...

...and a bumble bee!

2006- Evan's 2nd Halloween as a Scarecrow!

2007- Emmaline's 1st Halloween! I didn't dress her up since she was only 3 months old, so she wore her Halloween outfit.

2007- Evan's 3rd Halloween as a Pirate! This is still one of my favorite costumes on him!

2008- Em's 2nd Halloween (her 1st official to dress up) My cute little ladybug! Loved, loved, loved, her as a little ladybug!

2008- Evan's 4th Halloween as a Fireman. He was the hit downtown E. Lansing trick-or-treat with the official Firemen!

You'll have to wait, not too much longer, for pictures from this year. I'm hoping Em cooperates a little better this year for pictures than she did last year! I can't wait to see what all the little kiddies in the neighborhood are going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment