LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Molly's Spot

It's been awhile since I've talked about the dog so I thought now was a good time because she's been amusing us lately. I've never seen a dog that lays in so many different spots. Usually a dog finds a favorite spot in the house and lays there a majority of the time. Some dogs like a favorite chair, the couch, in a corner, on a dog bed, etc. Molly on the other hand, not so much. She will lay by the patio door, under the window in the kitchen, against the wall in the living room, next to the chair, in the middle of the living room floor, against the couch, you get the idea... anywhere. We've never let her get on the furniture so she never lays in a chair or on the couch. She's the kind of dog who will lay in one spot for a little bit and then gets up and goes to another random spot. I often wonder why she does this. She can be sound asleep and then boom, up and back down in another spot in a matter of seconds and back to sleep. Does she suddenly wake up and think, "this hardwood floor is a little hard here, I think I'll go to this part of the kitchen and... ahhh this part of the hardwood floor is much softer." I guess it's something I'll never know because dogs can't talk so she can't tell me what her thinking is about where she lays. She doesn't even lay by the window or the vent when the air conditioning is on in the summer to cool off.

She never has had a favorite spot, even at night in our bedroom she is all over the place and picks a different spot every night. She even has two beds in our room, and she doesn't lay on them except for every once in a blue moon. Just last week though we've discovered that Molly has a new favorite spot. Here's her new favorite spot.


Last Monday I had Greg turn the gas back on the fireplace so we could turn it on. I refused to turn the heat on because it wasn't even October yet! I thought we'd start with the fireplace before we got the furnace going. Every time we've turned it on, Molly parks it right in front of the fireplace and lays there pretty much all night. For a lot of the time she will just stare at her reflection (or maybe she likes to look at the flames). Then after awhile she'll turn her head like this.


She lays there panting like she's so hot, yet she won't get up and move. She ends up turning her head back and it's back to staring at the fire. I think this is going to be her spot all winter! It's funny because the minute we turn the fireplace off, she's up and off to another spot! And in case you're wondering, I still haven't turned the furnace on. It just seems to early. The fireplace has been heating up the place quite nicely so I'm going with it for now. I hear it's only supposed to be a high of 48 for the weekend though so I may have to break down and finally turn the furnace on.

1 comment:

  1. This is really funny. It has to be pretty hot sitting there after a while. When I was growing up, our dog would go and lay by the heat registers when they would come on.

    ReplyDelete