LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Wow readers, the weekend got away from me before I got the chance to blog last night. Sorry about that, but not to worry I'll give you the quick run down now. I feel good that I accomplished a few things over the weekend. It started on Friday when I got a little ambition to do some "extra cleaning." This wasn't the run of the mill dust and vacuum. I decided it was time to switch things up a little and move the furniture around for the fall/winter season. I know some people don't move their furniture around ever, and that's o.k. I never did in our old house because there really was only one way the furniture would fit. However since we've been in this house, I often find myself moving the furniture around. There's a few possibilities of how the furniture can be arranged so usually a few times a year I like to change it around. If you come over, you'll see that the living room isn't always the same. So with moving furniture comes cleaning behind the furniture. You know, the places you never really get to all the time. So dust bunnies and all (or more like dust Molly's since I swept up pretty much another dog), there was some good cleaning going on. I even reorganized the kids toys, swapped out some books in the book basket to give them a change in reading for awhile, and weeded out a few toys that don't get played with anymore. I then moved into the kitchen and wanted to rearrange some items above the cupboards so while doing that I decided I might as well take the stuff down and wash it. Yeah me for being on a roll!

Saturday didn't bring about much cleaning since it was a lazy day of watching football and running a couple errands. I did manage to get in a couple loads of laundry and went through a pile of papers on the kitchen counter. Sunday, I was back to being productive and while Greg went for a bike ride I cut the grass one last time and reorganized some things in the garage so we could get the lawn mower stored away for the winter and bring down the snow blower from the shelf. Ugh! I don't even want to think about a bunch of snow. Yuck! Then I finally loaded up my garage sale stuff to take to Goodwill. I know, I know, I'm a little procrastinator and have just been putting it off. After an afternoon of working outside, I managed to have enough energy to make a homemade chicken pot pie. My friend Ann made this pot pie a couple weeks ago, and I've been wanting to make it because it sounded absolutely delicious! And it was, if I do say so myself! I even cut up a rotisserie chicken for it. Thanks Ann for posting the recipe on your blog. It was the perfect dinner for a Sunday evening! As if all that weren't enough, I decided after dinner it was time to move some more furniture. I moved the dining room around to switch things up a little more. After that it was low key for the rest of the night. My friend Dawn came over and we finally finished up her UL open house orders. I'm excited to see what she does with her product when she gets it! I know she and everyone who ordered are going to be happy with their expressions! Don't forget I'm still looking for hostesses if anyone is interested! I'm also happy to help you with any orders or questions you may have about UL. You can check out my website at lisakohuth.uppercaseliving.net If you're stumped on what to get someone for Christmas, UL is a great idea for a gift!

So that was our weekend in a nutshell. Here's a few pictures I took over the weekend of my kiddos being cutie patooties!

Em Saturday morning when we went in and got her out of bed. She was sitting in her crib talking to her babies and stuffed animals that she had lined up all along the edge. What a kid!

Evan got some new long underwear and wore them to the parade Friday night. Then he liked them so much he wore them to bed. Saturday morning before he got dressed he comes up from downstairs and put two balls under the shirt to make it look like he was a tough football player.

Then he had to put his jersey on to really look like a football player. His sister thought this was so funny, a little while later she went and got a ball from the toy basket and put under her shirt. However her's was in the front so it looked like she was pregnant. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture.

Now that the furniture was moved around, Evan found a new spot to watch his DVD player. Apparently it was comfortable back there because he stayed there for most of the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment