LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Little Charmer

It's almost the end of October and I haven't had a chance to get into Ev's class and volunteer yet. I need to do that soon. I've been in there a lot for library cart, but not just to volunteer in the class for the afternoon. Greg went in last week so I'm going to try in the next couple weeks to get in there. I've gotten to know some of the kids doing library, but don't know them all that well. I do know a few of them a little more than others from listening to Evan talk about who he's played with in class. There's a couple girls in Evan's class that he's become pretty good friends with (Anna, Abby, & Grace) and when we ask him about them he gets this big smile on his face, laughs, and gets a little shy. It's really cute. It's like he's got this little crush on the girls, but doesn't want to say so.

Today when I was in the car line at school waiting to pick Evan up, I see him doing something. So tonight I tell Greg to ask Evan what he was doing while he was waiting for mommy to pick him up. Here's how the conversation went...

Greg: Evan what were you doing outside while you were waiting for mommy to pick you up?
Evan: Nothing.
Greg: Were you holding a girls hand? (Yes, this is what he was doing.)
Evan: No.
Me: Evan (questioning him)
Evan: No, I wasn't. (giggling)
Greg: Were you holding Anna's hand?
Evan: Noooo. (laughing)
Greg: Were you holding Abby's hand?
Evan: Noooo, I wasn't holding hands. (giggling and laughing like crazy)
Me: Evan, I saw you holding Abby's hand while I was waiting for you.
Evan: WHAT? (Surprised, thinking how the heck did mommy see that?)
Greg: Were you holding Abby's hand while you were standing at the gate?
Evan: Yes. (All giggly) She just likes me. We sit next to each other. I like to hold her hand and she likes to hold my hand. (all while still being giggly)

It was the funniest thing. I wish I would've had a video camera going. He was a little embarrassed yet in a way was happy to be telling us he likes Abby. We asked him if she is his girlfriend and he quickly said no. I thought I had some years before all this started, but apparently not because he had a little crush last year and here we are again this year. Should I be concerned it's starting at such a young age? I think I definitely have a little charmer on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment