LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, October 1, 2009

School Fall Social

Happy October 1st everyone! Can you believe it's October already? That just seems crazy! Geez it's already been two months since my little girl turned two! Where does the time go? Tonight's school fall social was a success and I got to meet some of Evan's classmates and their parents. I mentioned before that Greg had to work tonight. He had to be in Detroit for the opening of a new building affiliated with MSU- The MSU Detroit Center. Last year I wasn't able to make it to the fall social so Greg and the kids went. So I guess it was my turn to go solo with the kids to the social this year. Evan, Emmaline, and I headed off to the fall social at 5:30 and we got home about 7:00pm. It was held at one of the local parks, (Patriarche Park where we had the Time Bank Picnic) and there was a good turnout. We stayed a little longer than I expected, but the weather wasn't too bad so that was good. It was a little chilly, but at least the rain held off. However, it looks like it's coming this way for the weekend because I hear we're in store for rain over the next three days. Ugh! Here's some of the families and teachers gathered in the pavilion as the fall social got underway!


The CDL Parent Council puts on the fall social and they provide pizza and drinks. (It was nice not to have to cook dinner tonight!) They ask that each family brings a dish to pass. There's a lot of allergies among the students this year as far as nuts, eggs, soy, strawberries, etc. so they ask that there be at least nothing containing nuts. I hadn't really thought about what to take until last night. Nothing like waiting until the last minute right? Thank goodness I was at the grocery store when I remembered we had to take something. I had a hard time coming up with something. I didn't want to take anything that would have to stay warm since we were outside and it was chilly. So I ended up keeping it simple and bought some cantaloupes and cutting them up to take. I thought I'd go the healthier route for the kids to combat the not so healthy pizza. Turns out the melon was a good choice because it was almost all gone! The pizza was definitely a hit too with the kids. Here's Evan enjoying his pizza!


There was lots of good food and we ate and socialized with some of the other families and teachers. The kids got to go over to the playground for a little and then we headed home. Before we left there was a pumpkin raffle and my lucky little guy won! There were two huge pumpkins they were raffling off and all you had to do was guess the weight. Of course I helped Evan, but our guess together was 29.7 lbs and we weren't to far off from the actual weight of 34.6 lbs. Evan was really excited that he won and can't wait until he and daddy can carve it. There was also a raffle for a gift card to the (Spartan) Hall of Fame Cafe, as well as a couple free pizzas there. While we didn't get lucky enough to win the gift card, we did win one of the free pizzas. Not bad for an evening, huh? We got free dinner and came home with a pumpkin and a free pizza! Here's Ev and his pumpkin! Thanks CDL Parent Council! We had a great time!

1 comment: