LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Italian Chicken Soup

Here's the recipe for the new soup I made yesterday. I got the recipe from the soup cookbook I won at the last bunco. This is the cookbook everyone was fighting over. I have to acknowledge that my awesome friend Carla brought this awesome gift for bunco! Thanks Carla, now I've got lots of new recipes to try!

Ingredients:
  • 1lb. boneless chicken breasts , cut into thin strips
  • 5 cups chicken stock
  • 2/3 cup heavy cream
  • 4oz. dried vermicelli
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 3 Tbsp milk
  • 6oz. canned corn kernels, drained
  • salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Place the chicken in a large pot and add chicken stock and cream. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
  2. While that is simmering, boil pasta for 10-12 minutes. Drain pasta well and keep warm.
  3. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Mix cornstarch and milk together until a smooth paste forms. Then add to soup.
  5. Add corn and pasta and heat thoroughly.
Note: The recipe doesn't say to cook the chicken before, but I did. I thought it should be cooked before added. Serves 4- Enjoy!

I forgot to take a picture of the soup and by the time I remembered it was gone! So here's a picture I took of the picture in the cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment