LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

80 And Sunshine Hooray!

Today is absolutely fabulous as far as the weather is concerned! It's 80 and the sun is shining. It's a tad bit windy, but I'll take it. My two little peanuts are wearing shorts and tanks which I love! It's so nice to see arms and legs after a LONG winter and early spring of cold weather and jeans and long sleeves! I think I usually have most of the winter clothes packed away by now, but with the weather we've been having it hasn't happened yet. The windows and front door are open and the wonderful smells of flowers and grass are coming in! It's so nice not to be hibernating anymore having the house all closed up! I sure hope it stays this way because the kids have some super cute summer outfits that I've been itching to put them in. Besides Evan's down to one pair of jeans that fit him or don't have holes in so I'd like to hold off on buying new jeans until fall.

It would be nice if I could just sit out in the sun all day and work on my tan, but that's not really an option right now. Too much to do and too little time. The to-do list is getting longer. Yesterday I spent the day in GR running errands and doing some things for my mom since she is unable with a broken wrist and broken ankle. Which now we found out today she has to have surgery on both. Of course not what everyone was hoping for, but may end up being better off than a cast for 6 weeks, as the doctor says the healing process will be much faster. Yippeeeee! The faster the better! I didn't take the kids with me yesterday because as we all know it's much faster to get things done without lugging two kids around. They stayed with Greg's mom for the day which I so appreciated not having to haul them along. Although, I missed them terribly just being away for most of the day. It just feels weird to me when I'm that far away from them, and it wasn't really that far! So since Em was out of her environment for nap time that only meant one thing... no nap yesterday. So needless to say she was cranky last night from being overly tired which turns to me getting cranky and stressed.

Then today was spent running some errands which needed to get done. I still need to go back to my 2nd "home" Meijers this week, but didn't make it today as Em got too sleepy and cranky so had to get home for nap. She definitely needed one after missing nap yesterday. Plus I needed to get some things done and when she's cranky and not napping that prevents me from being productive. So as the weekend nears maybe I can work on my tan when I cut the grass and fertilize the flowers! Oh and incase you were wondering on this beautiful sunny day.... yes, the sun tea is in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment