LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sloppy Evan's

Earlier in the week I promised you some recipes. No, I haven't forgotten. I've just been a little busy and I've filled my blog posts with so much other info from the week that I thought I'd just hold off and put them in a separate post. In honor of Evan learning to ride his bike without training wheels this weekend I thought my first recipe should be one of his favorite things for dinner. It's SUPER easy and it's made often in our household especially in the summer! So without further ado, here's my recipe for Sloppy Evan's (a.k.a. Sloppy Joe's- I've renamed them because Evan loves them so much)

Sloppy Evan's (a.k.a- Sloppy Joe's)

Prep Time: 15 min. | Total: 20 min.

1-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
Ketchup
Optional: 1/2 green pepper finely chopped

Brown meat in skillet, stirring occasionally. Drain. Combine meat, brown sugar, and ketchup in a pot. Mix well and heat thoroughly. Serve on hamburger buns and enjoy!

I don't ever measure the ketchup, when I make this. I just keep adding until the meat is covered and it's to a desired "sloppy" consistency. I usually use 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef so we have some for leftovers, but if using only 1lb. then probably 3 Tbsp of brown sugar is enough. Occasionally I will add green peppers which is really good, but Evan doesn't like those so usually I make without.

So there you have it. I told you it was super simple. Once you make, you can adjust the measurements to your liking- i.e. more or less brown sugar, more ketchup. I got this recipe from my sister and it's served us well. It's an easy go to recipe for dinner when you want something fast.

Now that I have my first recipe posted, you may have noticed yet another section added, called "What's Cookin' On Shearwater Lane. " Here you will find a list of different labels that will link you back to recipes that have been in various posts. So instead of searching through all the posts to find that one recipe you wanted to try you can go to the label and click on it and it will take you back to the posts that contain recipes with that label.

No comments:

Post a Comment