LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, May 29, 2009

Bunco

Well, I promised to share the details from last nights girl's night out and I've got lots to share. So here it goes. For those of you not familiar with Bunco and have no clue as to what it is, you're not alone. Almost a year ago, my good friend Wesley asked me if I wanted to go to Bunco one weekend. My response was, "What?" She says, "Do you want to go to Bunco Friday night?" Again, my response was, "What? What are you talking about?" So to make a long story short, I had no clue what Bunco was. I soon found out when I showed up for Bunco that weekend. I had beginners luck and won money and prizes! Now almost a year later, I've become a Bunco girl. Bunco is a dice game that you play with 12 women. It's pretty much a social night for women while they play the game, eat, drink, & win prizes. You bring a themed gift under $5 and $5 cash to play. There are three tables of four people. You roll for 1's in the first round 2's in the second, and so on through 6's, then start back with 1's. You can roll big buncos or baby buncos. If you roll the big Bunco you get the table prize (unless it's already been won at the table), and if you roll a baby Bunco then you get to choose from one of the $5 themed gifts people brought. Once those are all taken then you get to start taking prizes from each other, but if you've won the table prize nobody can take that from you. Sounds like fun, huh? Here is one version of what the Bunco kit looks like.


For last nights Bunco, my good friend Wesley and I hosted together. We decided on a beach theme for this month's Bunco. I was very excited about that because I've always thought that would be a good theme. So for the table prizes (big Bunco gift) this is what we came up with


Beach mat, beach towel, & couple of can cozies (Perfect for the beach!)


We had lots of delicious food and drinks! The menu included- chicken crescent rolls, El Az cheese dip & chips, guacamole, fruit & fruit dip, brownies, Sangria, Blue Hawaiian drink bucket (my favorite all night), & Mike's Hard Lemonade. Here's some pics of the goodies we consumed:



Here's some pics of the girls playing Bunco! We welcomed a few Bunco "virgins" last night, Dawn, Carmen, & Jess. Carmen ended up being a big winner- most wins, big Bunco table prize, and some baby bunco prizes. Big time beginners luck. I'm thinking Carmen might not be allowed to play for awhile. Just kidding Carmen! We loved having you there! (Carmen is in the second picture in the pink shirt.) Thanks to Wes for hosting Bunco with me! I had fun planning it with you and had a really fun night! (Wes is in the second pic too, in the brown tank)


So after a fun night, even though I wasn't a big winner like I was hoping for, it was still nice to have a girl's night out. I guess you can't win them all, but I don't like to lose so I'm really hoping I win big next time! At one point I was up to three baby bunco prizes, but two got taken throughout the game so I ended up with one prize. It was this candle below.


I'm including a recipe for the El Az Cheese Dip Wesley made because it was really really good!

El Azteco Cheese Dip

(Plan ahead: this is much better if it refrigerates overnight)
16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
16 ounces sour cream
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 bunches green onions, chopped (or more, to taste)
1 medium jalapeno, chopped (or more, to taste)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1teaspoon garlic powder

Mix all together and serve with chips.

You can use pepper jack cheese instead and just leave out the jalapeno. Only prob with that is that you have to shred the pepper jack cheese because you can't find it shredded anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment