LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reality

What a great night last night in reality t.v.! Sorry all you Adam fans, but I was so glad to see Kris win American Idol. A record number of votes- 100 million. That's crazy! I was probably a little too excited about the victory, but then again I do go a little overboard when reality t.v. winners turn out to be who I want. Greg will attest to that. I almost wasn't going to watch the finale either. The judges had talked up Adam so much and everyone I knew seemed to be all for Adam. It pretty much was looking like Adam had it in the bag after Tuesday's show, but it looks like Kris got the Danny votes which turned it around! I've pretty much got sick of Idol the last couple years mostly because of the judges, and I think the whole process of picking for Hollywood is a little extreme. The people trying out that truly cannot sing do set themselves up for embarrassment, but I think a lot of what they show in the tryouts is a waste of time. So over the past couple seasons I haven't even watched Idol until it got to the top 12. Thank goodness for DVR though because I thought the show could've been shorter so it's nice to be able to forward through some parts. Oh, and for those of you that watched and are familiar with bikini girl. Give me a break, and the reaction of those in the audience at Kara ripping off her dress was pretty much mine- are you kidding me... ridiculous. Thankfully because of it Idol is donating money to one of her favorite charities. Of course some of my real favorites in the top 12 got kicked off early on, but in the end between the two, I'm glad it was Kris that pulled off the win. I felt he wasn't given the talent credit he deserved. I give Adam credit too because he is talented, but I didn't think he should be put on a pedestal. So now we'll be hearing "No Boundaries" on the radio for months to come, and Kris (and Adam) will be making millions in the year to come! I just wish I was saying I'd be making millions in the year to come, but instead I'll just be waiting for the next American Idol season.

No comments:

Post a Comment