LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Like Father Like Son

Now, that I've got this blog going I can share in a very special day for Evan. On Sunday Greg started the mountain bike racing season by racing at Ft. Custer near Battle Creek. We decided Friday night that we would sign Evan up for the kid's race. He was beyond excited Saturday when we told him. He informed us that he was going to wear his bike shorts and his bike jersey and look very cool. However, he needed to get some gloves like daddy's new one's. It was just too cute for words! He wanted to be just like daddy riding in the race!

Sunday morning Evan made sure we had all his stuff in the car. Then the whole drive there Sunday brought me back to my childhood days... "Mom, when are we gonna be there?" over and over and over. Once we arrived Evan got all geared up, daddy put Evan's number on his bike and he was ready to ride! When Evan's age group was ready to start there was no turning back and Evan was off! Greg ran along side him through the woods while Em and I stayed back so I could snap some photos at the end. When Evan came around the bend and I saw the look on Evan's face of how excited he was and he told me he didn't stop once or fall, I was one proud momma. I became a little overwhelmed with joy because I knew how much fun he had and he was so proud of himself! All the kids received a medal which Evan thought was pretty cool. He was and still is beaming from ear to ear about that race. I'm definitely thinking we have a future mountain biker on our hands, although I kind of already knew that! Like like father like son.

No comments:

Post a Comment