LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, May 18, 2009

Arts & Crafts Galore!

What a weekend it was! Busy busy busy! I felt like I was on the go for two days! I'll tell you about the garage and grill part in my next post, but for now it's all about the arts and crafts! This past weekend as I mentioned before was the 46th Annual East Lansing Art Festival. I was looking forward to getting up and heading out at the 10am start time of the Art Festival, but the weather changed my plans. We woke up to rain, MORE RAIN! Are you kidding me? Can it possibly rain anymore? I've had enough of the wet gloomy days. I want it to be sunny and warm from here on out. Seriously, it's April showers bring May flowers, not April and May showers bring June flowers. It is supposed to be in the 70's and 80's though for the rest of the week so I am definitely looking forward to that! Anyway, back to the Art Fair. Finally the rain cleared in the afternoon and I was able to head out to the Art Fair. Greg wasn't interested in going to the craft part of it so I headed out first by myself. There was a good crowd and while I found lots of neat things, I only walked away with one item.


Here's my big purchase! I thought it would definitely go well at this Spartan home.

I then headed home to get the family and we headed back to the other part of the Art Festival where there were many booths with wonderful art, as well as a children's activities area, and a couple stages with various performers. Here's just one part of the Art Festival.

The children's area had several different activities set up and hosted by various places. Evan enjoyed the tent set up from Potter Park Zoo where he got to see an armadillo.


A majority of the children's area consisted of different stations where the kids could make arts and crafts. Here is Evan working on a sun visor at one of the craft tables.


Since we didn't have that much time when we were down there late Saturday afternoon we did end up heading back Sunday afternoon for a little bit. It was more crowded and the weather cooperated. The kids ended up getting to do some more arts and crafts. Here are their finished projects below- visors, a tie, mask, butterfly, and door hanger. Of course Emmaline is a little young to do all on her own so she had a little help from her Mommy!


So another Art Festival is done and gone, and I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully the weather will be a little warmer! If you're looking for something to do come next May I highly recommend it. Even if you're not in the area it's worth a little drive if you're not too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment