LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pregnancy Memories

A friend of mine in the neighborhood had her baby yesterday. FINALLY! She was overdue which I can't even imagine since I was early with both my kids. Which I was glad about because I always feared my water breaking at home or even worse... out in public somewhere. After hearing the special news of her new baby, it got me to thinking about my two pregnancies. Ahhhhh memories! If you don't know, I was one of those women that loved being pregnant! I'd have to say that I probably enjoyed it about 90% of the time. I loved watching the belly grow (for a good reason) and hearing the heartbeat for the first time. The kicks of a little one inside are the best feeling in the world. For all you moms out there that have carried a child in your belly, you know what I'm talking about. To all you men out there, the feeling is really indescribable. Pregnancy really seemed to agree with me. I didn't gain much weight with either pregnancy and I felt really good most of the time.

When I was pregnant the first time, of course I had no idea what to expect. The second time around I had a better idea of what to expect, and while there was a lot the same there were still many differences. Similarities- nauseated, hard time sleeping, never had an appetite, multiple ultra sounds, and measured big towards the end to name a few. Differences second time around- leg cramps, weird dreams, stuffy nose every morning, swelling towards the end, not to mention the cravings were different. From pepperoni vs. ham, o.j. vs. iced tea, to Taco Bell (I know, not healthy at all) vs. Jimmy John's, and Chinese food all the time to couldn't stand the thought of Chinese food.

Both my pregnancies I was induced about a week early. With Evan it was 11 days and Em 7 days. Both times because I was measuring big, as well as because I had high blood pressure with Em. While being induced started out the same way with both and called for an epidural along the way, the result completely different. First time around after pushing for two hours came a baby boy- 7 lbs. 10oz. Second time around after pushing for two and a HALF hours (the truth behind pushing the second time around is faster- not always the case) came a C-section (because my little peanut was face up and too big) & a baby girl- 9lbs. 14oz.!

While those times are long gone since we're done having kids, I will remember them like they were yesterday and cherish them forever! Unless honey, you want to have one more! Ha ha! Every minute of pregnancy good and bad is definitely worth it in the end when you can take on the title of being called a MOM! So with Mother's Day approaching congrats to all you moms out there-young, old, new, foster mom, step-mom, or mom-to-be, because if you've taken on the title of being a MOM then you deserve a little acknowledgment! Here are some newborn pictures of my little peanuts for you to enjoy!

Evan & Emmaline

No comments:

Post a Comment