LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, May 25, 2009

Just The Girls

As this long holiday weekend comes to an end, it's going to be just the girls tonight. Emmaline and I will be spending the evening together while the boys head out. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, but I'm almost positive it will involve a walk. This was supposed to be the week that Greg takes some vacation time and we were going to head to Chicago for a couple days. However, that plan ended up not working out so instead Greg's still taking some time off and he and Evan are headed out later this afternoon to go camping for the night. This is a first for Evan. Greg's been wanting to take him and finally this is the year. Last summer they pitched the tent in the backyard a few times to get Evan acquainted with sleeping outside. Now tonight they are headed just north of here to Sleepy Hollow to do some real camping. I will fill you in tomorrow how it went. Emmaline and I are staying home since I'm not all into the camping thing yet. I'm more of a hotel gal and like a bed and nice shower, plus I think Em wouldn't do so well right now sleeping in a tent. So it will be her and I spending some mommy/daughter time while Evan and Greg have some daddy/son time. It should be a quiet night though for me after Em goes to bed. I'm hoping to accomplish a few things on my to do list since I won't have any distractions!

In other news this weekend. Greg got the tires rotated on both cars. It was long overdue so now that's out of the way. I continue setting up for the garage sale. Holy crap, where did all this stuff come from? Just when I think there can't be any more baby and kids clothes I find another bag. All of you out there in need of some good kids clothes or know anyone that is, send them my way the weekend of June 5-6th. I've got plenty of boys and girls clothes up to 2T, as well as toys galore! Back to more yard work this afternoon, as the grass needs to be mowed again. One more item from the weekend. Yesterday, was animal day around here. I mentioned in my "Fun Facts" that a deer ran through the neighborhood. That was crazy. I was just talking to my neighbor Liana out on the front sidewalk and out of nowhere this deer comes hauling by from behind her house towards us and makes a turn down the street between some houses. Crazy stuff. I wish I would've thought fast enough to take my camera out of my pocket, but we were both so startled we kind of froze and didn't know what to do. Before the deer episode there was a bird episode. I pulled my hanging basket down to water and a bird flew out of it just about in my face. I'm sure if you were in the neighborhood you heard me scream! More to come on the bird story later....

A little side note: I meant to post this earlier in the week and forgot. Greg sends out his thanks for all the birthday cards and presents! Thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment