LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quack Quack!

So yesterday I ended up not getting through the stack of papers I had planned on. (It did get done this morning, and I got some bills paid, so all is well.) The sun was shining and it really was too nice to be inside. So when Em woke up from her nap I decided to take the kids to MSU to feed the ducks! They were so excited! I realized it was Em's first time feeding the ducks. Does that make me a bad mom not taking her until 21 months? I hope not!

Here's the kids on their way to feed the ducks! As you can see Evan is being a super big brother holding his sister's hand.


Although there weren't many ducks, Evan managed to find one that stayed in this spot and kept eating and eating. I think this duck was trying to hide from the couple other ducks so he didn't have to share the bread.


Em found a couple ducks to feed too, but she didn't really pay attention to where the ducks were and where she was throwing the bread! As you can see the bread in the air is going to land way behind the ducks (There are actually two ducks here, but Em is blocking one of them).


After the ducks weren't interested in eating anymore, we decided to walk around campus a little. We headed over to the Beal Gardens to see what flowers were bloomin' yet. Not a whole lot besides the tulips, but we did manage to find some Marigolds which Evan enjoyed smelling, but Em didn't want to.


Then further on through the gardens Em was getting into smelling the flowers more instead of trying to pick them (that's a no no in the gardens my little peanut) and decided to stop and smell the Bleeding Heart.


It will be nice in another month to head back there and see many more of the flowers in bloom! I'll have to post some pictures when that happens because the gardens at MSU are really fabulous! I must say (and not because I'm a MSU alum), but Michigan State really does have one of the most beautiful campuses around. It's so great living near campus! Fun things to do!

When we came out of the gardens Evan was surprised to see the fountain right by Daddy's work! I think Em was looking for some ducks in the water, but no luck!


It really was a nice way to spend the afternoon, I highly recommend it to those that live nearby. I'm definitely looking forward to more visits with the ducks this summer. Time to start stocking up on the bread crusts and left over buns that always get thrown out!

No comments:

Post a Comment