LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, May 18, 2009

Catching Up

Thought it was time to catch up on some loose ends I've been talking about. I am diligently working on my favorite photos of the kids. I have Em's all uploaded, but Evan's is taking me a little bit longer as I have four years worth of photos to search through versus 21 months of Em's. Plus his are not all in the same place as Em's so it's just a matter of finding some of them. I'm getting close though and I'm hoping to have them on this blog by the end of the week. I'm also working to put them into a slide show which I think I may have figured out, but not positive on that quite yet. I'm holding off on asking my friend Ann until I for sure get stuck. Keep your fingers crossed for me because I'm hoping to pull this one off on my own.

Now to my second "home" I had previously mentioned. Don't get too excited here because it's not as luxurious as it may sound. I'm guessing that some of you may live there too. Tell me if I'm right? The second "home" I'm talking about is Meijer. It is right down the road from us and I swear I must go there at least four or five times a week. Sometimes it can be more. It doesn't seem to matter how well I plan meals and my grocery list, there always seems to be something we're out of and need! I find myself saying many times, "and I was just at the store." Why is it that it always takes so long at Meijer too? It's less than a five minute drive to the Meijer by us and I can run in for just a couple things and it seems to take at least a half hour! Most of the time though I am there for at least an hour when buying groceries. Oh the time I've spent grocery shopping. Ugh! So if you don't find me at home, more than likely I'm at my second "home!"

Then there's the garage project. I'm on a mission to clean, organize, and get rid of things out there that keep getting moved from one side to the other, back and forth. So about a week ago Greg built a shelf that I've been hinting about since last summer. It has already made a world of difference in the garage. Once that was done we were able to get some things put away that are things you don't want to throw out and need, but don't use that often. Like the lawn mower bag, folding chairs, sleds, etc. On Sunday I spent a good part of the afternoon sweeping out the garage, hanging up things, and pitching the items of no use. Now that all that is done I'm able to start setting up for my garage sale I'm going to have in a couple of weeks. Then hopefully I'll be able to clear out some of the other shelves and get rid of many of the garage sale items that are taking up space! I'll let you know how garage sale preparation is coming along in the days ahead.

I know there are still a few items that I need to share that I talked about previously, but it's getting late and I'm tired! So I'll finish on a happy note. On Saturday we went grill shopping and bought a new grill. My wonderful husband put it together while I was at the Art Fair! Thanks honey! Dinner Saturday night on the grill was wonderful! So needless to say, we're back in business when it comes to grilling dinner! It was going to be a long summer if there was no grill to cook with! I have a busy day ahead tomorrow as I head to GR for a good part of the day and then back to take Molly to the vet. You can look forward to a few delicious recipes to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment