LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally... It's a go!

After much pondering, debating, & making many changes, my blog is finally a go! I debated several times whether or not I even wanted to start this blog, with the conclusion being... lets give it a whirl. I'm not the most computer savvy person, but am getting better and figured it would be something fun to do and a learning process along the way. Hopefully I will keep up with it and you will enjoy reading it. I'm looking forward to sharing my journey in the blogging world with you! It's sure to include many posts about my wonderful, amazing, darling children! As a stay-at-home mom right now, they're pretty much my life so there's lots to tell- or so I think!

So with that said, a little about how my blog got its name. It had to be the toughest part of getting this blog going. What to name it? What to name it? Ugh! A lot had to do with trying to find something that fit me, us as a family, and the content of my blog, not to mention finding a cute background for my blog page to somewhat go with it! So first it was going to be "The Red House Buzz..." because as you can see we live in a red house. The only red house in the subdivision. The description we use to tell everyone who asks where we live, "it's the red house." However after searching the backgrounds for my blog page, I couldn't really find a red one or a bee one (to go with the buzz) that I was too fond of. So with many variations of the red house theme I then went in a different direction and chose the background first that I really liked. From there I pondered a name and finally decided on "The Shearwater Nest." Our house is on Shearwater Lane and we live in Hawk Nest subdivision. A majority of my blog will be about things happening in our "nest" so I thought that was fitting.

I'm hoping this will be a great way to connect our family of four with our extended family and friends, as well as chronicle the events in my children's lives. It's a journey that I'm living and would love to share with you! So without further ado.... it's time to enter the blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment