LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Calling All Garage Salers

It's that time of year, the sun is finally shining, the weather is finally warming up, and the garage sale signs are popping up all over. I mentioned that the garage got cleaned so I could finally start setting up for my garage sale, but I have so much stuff in so many different places I don't even know where to start! Ahhhhhh! I did manage to get a few tables opened up, but that's it so far. I really need to get a move on it. The June 5th and 6th date is fast approaching. I'm almost positive I'm going to run out of tables so then I ponder ways to setup. Instead I really need to just get out there and start throwing stuff on tables so I can get it priced. That is the huge goal by this weekend to get most of it at least out of the basement and into the garage. I also need to finish going through some cabinets to see what else I have to get rid of.

A majority of the stuff is baby items and baby clothes. The only clothes I save now is Evan's 2T on up clothes because my friend Marie and I swap boy for girl clothes. She's got a younger boy than Evan that can use the clothes and she gives me her daughters clothes for Em. It's a nice trade off! I do have a hard time departing with some of the baby clothes even though I know there's no more little one's in my future. Those little onesies, skorts, jeans, and coordinating outfits are just too damn cute! I think my kids have more clothes than me! That's o.k. though because I enjoy dressing them in cute little outfits more than I enjoy dressing myself. Don't get me wrong, I do love clothes, but the clothes I like seem to cost way more than there stuff. I can usually buy there stuff on clearance at the end of the season for the next year and save a ton of money! I'll have to tell you about some of my bargains I've gotten one of these days. All I have to say is $2 t-shirts rock!

So back to the garage sale which was the point of this post. I think I'm just a little overwhelmed with trying to get all this stuff set up when my to do list is piling up as well. There just isn't enough hours in a day, especially with two little one's. I'm hoping to get everything done before the last minute because I always seem to be pricing stuff the morning of as people are walking up. So I'm thinking I should probably wrap this up so I can go dig through some cupboards to see what else there is to get rid of. The saying goes, "one person's trash is another person's treasure." (Not that I think my stuff is really trash because really it is pretty decent stuff for the most part. Especially the kids clothes that some are brand new). So if you're up for some good buys and want to hit up a garage sale the weekend of June 5th, you can find one at the red house! There's sure to be lots and lots and lots of stuff!

Now back to my earlier post today. Here's a few photos of my little peanuts exposing their skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment