LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Highlights and Lowlights

Well, today seemed like it was going to be a pretty good day. Head to Grand Rapids, drop the kids off at Grandma's house, go visit an old friend that used to cut my hair and get pampered with highlights and a haircut, then help my Mom with some yard work for Mother's Day. Sounds good right? Well, not so much. I did get my haircut and highlights which turned out nice I thought. It had been a long time since I got highlights so I was LONG overdue. Usually, my friend Becky, in the neighborhood cuts my hair, but since I was going to be in GR I thought I'd ring up Rochelle since it had been awhile since I've seen her. It was nice to catch up with Rochelle while she did my hair. Becky, I promise I'll call you for the next hair appointment! After getting pampered with the hair, I headed back to my Mom's to work in the yard. My sister, niece, & I were working in the yard putting in some bricks and all was going well. Then next thing we know my Mom, is up on a ladder in the garage and falls. After she was at the urgent clinic for three hours it was off to the ER to get 2 casts put on. She ended up with a broken wrist and broken ankle! Ugh! So needless to say the day went from a "high" to a "low." Thanks Jen for sitting for hours waiting for doctors. I would've done it had the kids not been so out of their element. This is why I don't travel much right now because Em will not nap for anything when we are not at home so she was overly tired which didn't help the day any. Plus their schedules were all thrown off so it ended up making for a very long day! Oh how I wish I could start the day over so things would be different!

No comments:

Post a Comment