LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Damn Dog

I thought I'd finally tell you about our dog Molly or should I say Greg's dog? I hadn't forgotten about her for those of you who may have been wondering. I've just had other stuff to share. However, today seems like the perfect opportunity since we got her almost a year ago to the day. Molly is a Golden Retriever. Here she is when we first brought her home. Cute huh?

Molly just turned one in March. She really is a pretty good dog. She's finally settled down for the most part from the puppy stage although she does still like to jump when someone comes in the door. Hopefully she'll outgrow that SOON! For the most part though she is a good dog. That's when she's my dog! Here's a more recent photo of Molly last month after her first trip to the groomers.

Still cute huh? We crate trained Molly, which we had never done with a dog before. I highly recommend it! Especially with all the kids toys laying around it made for less stress about the toys getting chewed up when we were gone. Over the last month or so though we've been leaving Molls out when we leave the house and she's done really good. (Knock on wood!) She's usually waiting for us by the gate when we come home. So I've been contemplating putting the crate away, and then she does this....
Not so cute huh? For some reason she won't get over digging holes in the backyard and ends up a muddy mess! Damn dog! Grrrr! Everyone else I know that has Golden's haven't had this problem. She likes to ignore us when we call her in and digs and digs and digs. So needless to say when I FINALLY got her in the house today, right to the crate she went! So much for putting the crate away right now. Ugh! So honey, looks like you'll be giving YOUR dog a bath tonight!

On a different note- Em's taking a wonderful nap today, I got some bills paid online (saving on stamps- did you remember stamps went up on Monday?), went to Secretary of State and was in and out of there with two kids in EIGHT minutes! Bonus, because that has never happened to me. Usually there is a long wait! As the weekend nears, it's sure to be a busy one around the Kohuth household. Tomorrow is Greg's birthday, Saturday is the East Lansing Art Festival, and Sunday hopefully we can go get a new grill and blade for the lawnmower (in between Greg's bike riding he has planned), as well as get this garage project finished up. My garage sale date is nearing all too fast! Ahhhhh. Work to do, work to do! I'll let you know how it all goes as it unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment