LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Girl's Night Out

I'm back! Did you miss me for that one whole day? I really had to get some things done yesterday so I took a day off from blogging. I wanted to blog about my girl's night with Em while the boys camped, but I was too tired last night. We didn't do anything too exciting. Em didn't wake up from her nap until 5:30pm on Monday. She's been taking like four hour naps the past week. She must be going through a growth spurt. I'm not sure how long they're going to last, but I'm thinking I might be getting too used to them. What am I ever going to do when they're not that long? LOL. Once she woke from nap we had some dinner then made a Target run. I don't think I've told you yet, but I LOVE Target. One of my favorite places to shop! Then we came home and headed out for a walk. We stopped along the way to say "hi" to my friend Wesley and her daughter Chloe. Emmaline and Chloe are only like two weeks apart in age. We had a nice visit and walk. It was cooling off so we didn't stay out too long. After we got jammies on Em and I played and read books before bedtime. It took her a little longer than normal to go to sleep. I think she was missing Daddy. I was able to clean the pantry and get it organized once again after she went to sleep. Another check mark on the "to do list."

Tonight is another girl's night, but of different sorts. Tonight is girl's night out for us adults. It's Bunco night. I'm hoping for a big win tonight! I'll post all the details tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. My good friend Wesley and I are hosting together so it's sure to be a fun time! It's already been a pretty good day. The kids are behaving, Molly got a much needed bath and haircut at the groomers, and I found out I won something.

I belong to this group called Lansing Mom's Like Me (LMLM) It's a place where Lansing area moms can connect and share experiences about being a mom and woman. There are different discussion forums online, you can find out about different activities going on around town, there's a monthly mom's night out that you can attend, a monthly family night out, and much more. I recently joined back at the beginning of April so I'm a fairly new member, but I've found great amounts of info and am really enjoying being a part of it. I look forward to upcoming events that they sponsor, as well as meeting new moms. So today I'm checking my email and I have an email from LMLM. It said I was a winner of a family four pack of tickets to Impression 5 Museum, which is a hands on children's museum in downtown Lansing. It was one of the prizes LMLM was giving away if you stopped by their booth at the Art Festival and picked up a number for the drawing. There was originally six different prizes given away, but then they added ten additional four pack ticket giveaways so I was one of the additional 10. How cool is that? I never win anything so I'm looking forward to taking the kids to the museum sometime. Here below is a picture of my mommy bracelet I made at the "April Mom's Night Out" from LMLM. Great perks of being a member and it's FREE! Thanks, LMLM for all the great things you plan for us moms.



Here's Molly girl after her bath and haircut today. Now if she would only stay this way and out of the mud. Please no more rain for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment